Skip to main content

This is my story

I was the prodigal son who came back for a craving,
but you ran out to me; now I'm never leaving

I was the woman at the well
I didn't know that I needed you until you told me so
I had never been satisfied before.

I was the leper who cried out,
cut off from your people,
cast out from your presence
But You heard, you willed, you touched and offered to cleanse

I was the woman caught red-handed
Strange- as if by appointment they chased me up to you.
Without an explanation you decreed ' no condemnation'

I have known losses but I didn't think you cared
You saw my tears and touched the bier
Your comfort came unasked for

You dealt with me as in pompous pride I cried
Though all may flee, I will be
It’s your prayer that held me.

Replete with shame, I saw my King
Afraid to make a prayer, I barely whispered 
With Your dying breath, paradise you assured!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Gen 24 Camel

 Have you heard of Isaac?  No? You can read about him in Genesis. That's where I am from. I am the Genesis 24 camel. I must have been born way before Genesis 24. But who records these things? Anyway, let's get to the point. I am a well-fed camel. I have been around. Kind of always travelled with treasures, you know. My master's father is the great old man Abraham. One day he called the grumpy old Eleazar and asked him to get a bride for my master. Oh bother! The fuss he made...  The day came and we set out. I was waiting for my turn. He loaded up Block with the food and water for the journey. Then it was Ben. What amounts of gold... Man you should see it to believe it. Okay then it was the clothes. You guys may not believe it, but back then clothes were a luxury. People killed to get clothes... I am not kidding. And here was my fellow Ben being given a load of that carry on his back. So I watched as spices and other things kept piling up. I am Isaac's favourite camel an...

The Encounter

 Don't look at me!  I am just a sparrow up a tree.  I am not even fit for a sacrifice. It is reserved for those pigeons and doves. I am no good.  Just leave me alone.  Can't you see, I am trying to hide?  Rattle snakes are pretty common out here. Who knows?  You might just be one- pretending to be all human. And your being human is no relief to me. If Solo could make the passer -by understand, he would have chirped out the whole thing in under five seconds albeit hidden. But he was too scared to make a sound. All of this monologue was running in his head as the casual commoner strode along after a moment's rest under his tree.  That night he had a nightmare. In it, he fell off the tree into a man's hands. He got up with a cold shiver having come so close to feeling dead. For the next several hours, even after the sun had risen brilliantly, he didn't feel like leaving the nest. Hunger forgotten, he imagined the worst.  "Solo, you coward, shake...

Asterika

Asterika hated the contraption. She tried her best to wriggle out of the wheels the humans made for her. It felt heavy and cumbersome and retricted her movement. Squirrels were made to be on their feet always. Why  does this meddlesome human think she knows best?  It was fine when Priscy picked her up from the ground. Otherwise the boys would've certainly done some damage. It still wasn't very clear to Asterika if she fell down or if someone pushed her off the nest. Anyway after the fall, she couldn't move for sometime and the school boys armed with stones menacingly drew near.  Before a stone was cast, there was this sweet voice, clear as bell that meant something like the 'Princy pal's office' and what a pal that must be for this tiny human wasn't even as big as those school boys yet at the mention of her pal, they fled the scene.  Mulling over the happenings of that eventful evening, Asterika wanted to feel grateful, yet found it hard to be living indoors...