Skip to main content

Behold The Man

For all those out there still speculating “how could a man who was crucified in the prime of His life be called successful?”

He traded our shamefulness by hanging naked on the cross. As the world jeered Him, He was fighting the most crucial battle for mankind. Why, who would understand that? His own people thought he was being punished by God. 
Why do you stand afar and salute Him for his ‘famous last words’ if you really can’t make out who He is? This man lived out the gospel He preached. Don’t pay attention to His ‘dying’ words if you are not interested in what he said when He lived among us. 
In case you are wondering: He said, ‘bless those who curse you. Bless and don’t curse. Pray for those who persecute you’
If a man could live by what he preached until his dying breath, if that isn’t success, then I think you got to hear more:
The first recorded martyrdom for the faith in Jesus Christ is Stephen’s. His last words were the same as those spoken by the one He acknowledged as Lord and Saviour: “Father forgive them for they know not what they do” Almost all of His disciples who were with Him, endured torture and gave their lives 
for their faith in Him. If that isn’t heroism what is? They had enough faith to trust their master who proved to them that He always keeps His word. How could they believe otherwise when they had witnessed what half the men of their religious authority couldn’t themselves come to believe? For them resurrection wasn’t a myth. It was the grand and greatest reality. That is why they could believe easily that their eternity was in safe hands. He who said “I go to prepare a place for you,” wasn’t making up stories. They saw Him face to face as they supped with Him- “The Resurrection and The Life.”
You could go on making arguments and mock my faith, or raise questions about His deity, indulge in speculations and provide counter arguments. But like that blind man who got his sight told his religious interrogators, “Whether He is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I know: that though I was blind now I see,” I won’t pretend to know it all, but I do know that He touched my life and His liberating love is totally free for anyone who is willing to receive.


Comments

Angela said…
Thanks Mai. Very close to my heart
Josephine said…
I can see that, mai. Bold and straight-forward. Well-written, as always :)

Popular posts from this blog

Grin

 In the lake at Capernaum lived Grin, a fish with an unusually big mouth. It seemed as though someone had placed an invisible magnifying glass there and had forgotten about it.  When Grin was a small fry, he tried his best to be liked. Only his ways of 'helping' were not received well by the general public in the school. He was quite confident and thought himself smart until his successive attempts at helping others failed miserably.  Once he was caught helping his cousin identify edible worms in the water. Thankfully, just as Ken was about to close his mouth over the juicy worm aunt Saille furiously pushed him away from the hook, giving Grin an ear-full. That was the end of his life as the 'smart-assistant of the shoal' and the start of his 'lonely and loathsome' phase of life, trailing behind travelling alone in the shoal. Usually, his thoughts circled around, "why am I even a fish? Life would've been easier as a turtle." Of course, through all t

The Gen 24 Camel

 Have you heard of Isaac?  No? You can read about him in Genesis. That's where I am from. I am the Genesis 24 camel. I must have been born way before Genesis 24. But who records these things? Anyway, let's get to the point. I am a well-fed camel. I have been around. Kind of always travelled with treasures, you know. My master's father is the great old man Abraham. One day he called the grumpy old Eleazar and asked him to get a bride for my master. Oh bother! The fuss he made...  The day came and we set out. I was waiting for my turn. He loaded up Block with the food and water for the journey. Then it was Ben. What amounts of gold... Man you should see it to believe it. Okay then it was the clothes. You guys may not believe it, but back then clothes were a luxury. People killed to get clothes... I am not kidding. And here was my fellow Ben being given a load of that carry on his back. So I watched as spices and other things kept piling up. I am Isaac's favourite camel an

The Encounter

 Don't look at me!  I am just a sparrow up a tree.  I am not even fit for a sacrifice. It is reserved for those pigeons and doves. I am no good.  Just leave me alone.  Can't you see, I am trying to hide?  Rattle snakes are pretty common out here. Who knows?  You might just be one- pretending to be all human. And your being human is no relief to me. If Solo could make the passer -by understand, he would have chirped out the whole thing in under five seconds albeit hidden. But he was too scared to make a sound. All of this monologue was running in his head as the casual commoner strode along after a moment's rest under his tree.  That night he had a nightmare. In it, he fell off the tree into a man's hands. He got up with a cold shiver having come so close to feeling dead. For the next several hours, even after the sun had risen brilliantly, he didn't feel like leaving the nest. Hunger forgotten, he imagined the worst.  "Solo, you coward, shake off the fear. You